Thursday, July 15, 2010

Non-Chigger Bugs

Brad: I solved my lightsaber switch problem
Shay: what was the problem?
Brad: there wasn't a switch.
Shay: haha
Shay: that is a problem
Shay: sometimes I think that, in game development, we shouldn't have both task management software and a bug tracker
Shay: we should just have a bug tracker... and one top-priority bug that is, "Game doesn't work."
Brad: I once added "Marshall must wash brad's truck" to the deliverables list to be submitted to the publisher
Brad: it got approved and sent back
Brad: Marshall never did wash my truck
Shay: haha
Shay: I once opened a bug that said: "BUILD ME AN ARMY WORTHY OF MORDOR", and assigned it to Seth.
Brad: bwaha
Shay: Oh, and after Star Wars: Episode 2 came out, I opened a bug titled "C-3P0 Doesn't Remember the Homestead"
Brad: Hahaha
Shay: Details: "In Episode II, we see C-3PO at the Lars Family homestead on Tatooine. In Episode IV he returns to it and seems to have no memory of it. You need to resolve this." Assigned to Seth.
Shay: There was a lot of discussion and theorizing on the bug.
Shay: 2 years later, after Episode III came out and they wiped C-3P0's memory at the end of it, I closed the bug.
Brad: What were the repro steps?
Shay: 1. watch episode II; 2. watch episode IV; 3. ???; 4. profit!
Shay: there may have been a step missing there.
Brad: The step where Lucas goes slowly insane for Ewoks?
Shay: heh

No comments:

Post a Comment